Associate Professor/Assistant Professor (Portuguese Studies) – Faculty of Humanities and Social Science
Ref. No: #21222-FHSS04
The City University of Macau is now inviting applications for the following positions:
- Associate Professor /Assistant Professor in Portuguese Studies
City University of Macau is a private but not-for-profit institution. As a comprehensive university in Macau, the University offers an array of Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctoral degree programs as well as professional courses. It is dedicated to academic excellence and strives to provide students with a rich learning experience that will open their door to the international scene through its continuous expansion of global partnerships. The University upholds its mission to nurture outstanding talents and deliver applicable programs that will serve the evolving needs of Macau and the wider region.
Candidates are expected to contribute significantly to the faculty program development, successful candidates will be responsible for duties including: (i) leading the research in Portuguese studies, evidenced with relevant publications; (ii) leading the curriculum development and managing the teaching duties at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels; (iii) supervision and coordination of student’s professional practice or dissertations.
Associate / assistant Professor in Portuguese, your expertise and teaching areas will cover:
Portuguese language Education;
- A PhD degree in the area of Portuguese linguistics, Translation or other relevant fields;
- An outstanding record of internationally recognized research publications;
- Management experiences of creating curriculum programmes;
- Substantial teaching experience in higher education institution and in supervising research dissertations and theses;
- Ability to communicate effectively in Chinese and/or English as well;
- Macau residents will be particularly considered in selection.
The remuneration and appointment rank offered will be competitive and commensurate with the successful applicants’ academic qualifications, current position and professional experience. The compensation/benefits are competitive. The current local maximum income tax rate in Macao is 12% but is effectively around 5% - 7% after various discretionary exemptions.
Review of applications and nominations will commence immediately. Applicants may consider their applications unsuccessful if they were not invited for an interview within 3 months of submission. The successful candidate is expected to assume the position inDecember 2021/August2022.
**Personal data provided by applicants will be kept confidential and used for recruitment purpose only.**