Ref. No: #21222-SOE01
The City University of Macau is now inviting applications for the following positions:
- Professor / Associate Professor / Assistant Professor in School of Education
City University of Macau is a private but not-for-profit institution. As a comprehensive university in Macau, the University offers an array of Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctoral degree programs as well as professional courses. It is dedicated to academic excellence and strives to provide students with a rich learning experience that will open their door to the international scene through its continuous expansion of global partnerships. The University upholds its mission to nurture outstanding talents and deliver applicable programs that will serve the evolving needs of Macau and the wider region.
The School of Education in City University of Macau offers both Master and PhD programs in Education (Chinese – Mandarin) with the specializations: Tertiary Education Administration, Lifelong Learning, Education Technology, Education Foundation, Teacher Education, Curriculum and Instruction. Currently we have over 250 postgraduate students in our campus. We are looking for energetic, passionate, experienced education scholars to join our academic team to develop high quality educational professionals to serve Macau SAR and the region beyond.
Candidates are expected to contribute significantly to the Faculty development, including teaching, research, community service and other assigned work. Successful candidates will be responsible for duties including: (i) developing and teaching courses in our dynamic graduate programs; (ii) supervision and coordination of student’s thesis and dissertations; and (iii) engaging actively in research and academic activities; (iv) involving in community services.
- PhD holder and strong potential in teaching, research and community service, and other relevant fields;
- Experience of teaching courses in Education fields in higher education institutions at Master and PhD levels;
- Professional expertise in one or more of the following areas: Principles of Pedagogy, Teaching Evaluation, Education Policy, Higher Education Management, Vocational education, Educational Technology, Curriculum and Teaching Theory, and relevant fields;
- Proven records of successfully developing research projects;
- Evidence of strong publication potentials in the expertise areas;
- Priority considerations will be given to those already having a strong publication record;
- Evidence of good university-level teaching performance;
- Excellent command of English and Mandarin with the ability to communicate effectively;
- Excellent commitment to the teamwork of the Faculty and University;
- Preference will be given to Macau residents under the same condition.
The remuneration and appointment rank offered will be competitive and commensurate with the successful applicants’ academic qualifications, current position and professional experience. The compensation/benefits are competitive. The current local maximum income tax rate in Macao is 12% but is effectively around 5% - 7% after various discretionary exemptions.
Review of applications and nominations will commence immediately. Applicants may consider their applications unsuccessful if they were not invited for an interview within 3 months of submission. The successful candidate is expected to assume the position in December 2021/August 2022.
**Personal data provided by applicants will be kept confidential and used for recruitment purpose only.**